Click each item below to discover more
I have another question about my order.
- Q: What is the cookware made of?
A: The cookware is a kiln baked ceramic, with a patented nano-glaze over it.
- Q: Isn't ceramic weak or brittle?
A: When most people hear the word "ceramic," they think of pottery, but Mercola Healthy Cookware is comparable to the king of the ceramics world, the brick. Much like a common brick, which is also kiln fired ceramic, Mercola Healthy Cookware is durable, sturdy, and long lasting.
Like anything ceramic, it is breakable, but ceramic is far more sturdy than glass cookware.
- Q: What's Nano-Glaze made of?
A: Nano-Glaze is a patented bacteria resistant glaze that will not stain – even from highly acidic foods, such as tomatoes. It is completely non-reactive. Unlike non-stick cookware, no chemicals will be released into the air, or your food while you cook.
- Q: Is Mercola Healthy Cookware good for the environment?
A: Yes. Unlike aluminum and non-stick cookware products, the Mercola Healthy Cookware is non-reactive and non-toxic, with its ceramic cooking surface emitting no odors or gases even if cooking temperature exceeds 2500 degrees Fahrenheit. Your body is safe from toxins, at the same time that the atmosphere is spared from toxic fumes. With its ability to retain heat efficiently, this cookware also gives you the power to save energy. Read more of its green, eco-friendly stance here.
- Q: Can you use it to cook on all different stove top surfaces, and also in convection ovens?
A: Yes, this cookware is safe for use on all surfaces and in ovens (convection ovens, gas and electric stovetops), BBQ grills, microwaves (of course I don't recommend you use a microwave).
- Q: Does Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware contain any metals?
A: The new line of all ceramic cookware does not contain any metals at all! This includes metals like lead, aluminum, cadmium, copper, etc.
The ceramics in the cookware are made from 100% natural, inorganic minerals. Even the kiln used to fire the ceramics burns clean, natural gas. At no point in the life of this cookware is it exposed to hazardous metals or chemicals. This cookware has been tested for lead, and testing results are available in PDF form.
- Q: What temperature can I use my cookware up to?
A: The cookware can withstand temperatures up to 2700 degrees Fahrenheit. Since steel begins to melt at 2200 degrees though, this temperature is not recommended for everyday use.
- Q: How do I take care of my cookware?
A: This cookware is tough as a brick, and can take a scrubbing like one. The patented nano-glaze on this cookware makes it almost non-stick, so clean up will be a breeze. Even baked on foods will come off quickly and easily by just soaking briefly in hot water. You can use steel wool without worrying about scratching the surface. Mercola Healthy Cookware is also dishwasher safe. Cooking utensils are of course fine to use, provided that they are made of wood, silicone, plastic, or nylon. Metal utensils can wear onto the surface leaving gray marks and streaks. When washing in the sink, use care to not bang the cookware against the sides of the sink, as this can eventually cause chipping or cracking. Cookware should be stored separately and not nested (one piece stored on top of another).
- Q: What are the utensils made of?
A: The utensils are made of high heat-resistant nylon. They can withstand temperatures up to 410 degrees Fahrenheit. The pot holders and 7.5" trivet are made of silicone. The pot holders can be removed from the cookware to be used with all the pieces.
- Q: Does Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware need to be seasoned?
A: The Nano-Glaze technology allows for a smooth surface which makes seasoning recommended. However, seasoning is still optional as it can add a unique flavor to your food.
If you have a general question about your order that is not covered above, please visit our General Product FAQ
. Topics covered include returns, payment, ordering methods, shipping, status, problems with your order, password, etc.
- Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware is extremely versatile. It can be used on the gas or electric stovetop, the microwave oven and then to dishwasher or sink.
- Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware is easy to clean and does not stain or retain odors as will certain metal Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware.
Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware retains heat so well, you only need to use a lower heat setting than normal and save on energy.
Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware can be used on gas & electric stovetops.
Important: Because our Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware ceramic material is so hard, we recommend that you do not slide your Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware on any glass top stove or kitchen counter top. The unique and specially designed ceramic rings on the bottom of the cookware (pictured: right) may scratch these surfaces. Always place a pot holder or trivet on the counter or table top when serving from your Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware.
This will protect your preparation and serving areas.
- It is recommended that you cook on a low to medium heat. Never use a high heat, especially with glass-top stoves.
- With our ceramic saucepans, you can use a higher heat to boil water, etc.
- Always spray or oil the pan before heating.
- Always heat the oiled pan on low heat first, before increasing the temperature.
- Remember, if the pan is dry, never heat the pan on high heat.
Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware can be used in the microwave oven on high power.
Store the Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware separately if space permits or on the stove top.
The Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware ceramic material is breakable, so please take care in use.
- Use pot holders when handling hot Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware in all cooking methods – stovetop and microwave oven.
- Place hot Mercola Healthy Chef Ceramic Cookware on a heat resistant placemat as retained heat could damage kitchen counter top surfaces.
Return to Ceramic Cookware Product Information & Ordering